Friday, September 17, 2010

Book Blogger Appreciation Week - Forgotten Treasure

Again - a little late with this posting, but here goes.

Sure we’ve all read about Freedom and Mockingjay but we likely have a book we wish would get more attention by book bloggers, whether it’s a forgotten classic or under marketed contemporary fiction.  This is your chance to tell the community why they should consider reading this book!
It's hard to pick one book and looking over my read list from the past year I feel like the books that got the highest 'rating' from me - Let the Great World Spin, The Help, Immortial Life of Henrietta Lacks, A Thousand Splendid Suns - all really had their time in the sun around the blogosphere.

I would have to give an additional shout out to two first-time authors that I feel will keep us coming back to them over and over. I heard them both speak at ALA's Annual Conference in DC this past June.

First is Daphne Kalotay who wrote Russian Winters. I can't say enough about this author.  Her book was very captivating and descriptive.   And second is Mitchell James Kaplan who wrote By Fire, By Water (my review is coming shortly). His book made me think about the beliefs and ideals I've been taught all my life and imagine how they might be challenged in a time with lots of religious strife.

1 comment: