Friday, September 17, 2010

Book Blogger Appreciation Week - Unexpected Treasure

Yes - I know I'm a few days behind in posting.  Unexpected Treasure is the theme of Wednesday's posts this BBAW. 

We invite you to share with us a book or genre you tried due to the influence of another blogger. What made you cave in to try something new and what was the experience like?

Even though I'm a book blogger (kinda) I don't really peruse other book bloggers for book suggestions.  I will say that I have read a book due to influence of another reader though.  Some of my friends started a book club back in February and I've read a few books that I wouldn't have picked up other than it being a book club selection.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is definitely a book that I read due to book club.  To me - I like to stick with the classics and I was worried this book wasn't going to be true to Jane Austen.   But I was wrong and in a small way enjoyed the book. 

A Thousand Splendid Suns is another book that would have never hit my radar without book club mostly because I tried to read Kite Runner after it first came out and could not really get into it.  I'm still not sure why I could get into A Thousand Splendid Suns more than Kite Runner, but I'm glad I gave Khaled Hosseini another shot.

I'm following many book bloggers on Twitter so I hope over the next year I will pick up a book because of their influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment