Saturday, April 21, 2012

Read-A-Thon Status Update

I'm going to use this page to give a status update every couple of hours on how I'm progressing.

Hour 1 & 2
Time Spent Reading: 70-90 minutes as I've been cheering on folks as well.
Book(s) Read: In Progress with "Harry Lipkin, Private Eye"
Pages Read: 124
Thoughts: cute book so far with some good twists and great descriptions of life in Southern Florida

Hour 3 & 4
Time Spent Reading: 70-90 minutes as I've been cheering on folks as well.
Book(s) Read: Finished "Harry Lipkin, Private Eye", started "Next to Love" by Ellen Feldman
Pages Read: 116
Thoughts: Loved how the mystery in "Harry Lipkin, Private Eye" resolved.  I'm having a hard time getting focused reading "Next to Love", but the book is warming up for me.

Hour 5 & 6
Time Spent Reading: 60-80 minutes as I've been cheering on folks and had some lunch.
Book(s) Read: Still working on "Next to Love" by Ellen Feldman
Pages Read: 77
Thoughts: This book is warming up for me and the heartbreak is just leaping off the pages. I cannot imagine what it would be like to be a military wife.

Hour 7 & 8
Time Spent Reading: 80-90 minutes, continuing with cheering others
Book(s) Read: I have just under 60 pages to read in "Next to Love"
Pages Read: 114
Thoughts: The author is throwing in perspectives of the kids and husbands as well as the wifes, which gives the reader a fuller picture of the story from all angles.

Hour 9 &10
Time Spent Reading: 60 minutes, took a break and did some cheering
Book(s) Read: Finished "Next to Love", starting "Before Ever After"
Pages Read: 60
Thoughts: Enjoyed this book immensely and appreciated how the author incorporated the historical time periods into the story itself.

Hour 11 &12
Time Spent Reading: 100 minutes and did some cheering
Book(s) Read: continued "Before Ever After"
Pages Read: 100
Thoughts: Good mystery with a mixture of history and romance

Hour 13 &14
Time Spent Reading: 80-90 minutes and did some cheering
Book(s) Read: continued "Before Ever After"
Pages Read: 80
Thoughts: Mystery is still keeping my attention, but I'm kinda tiring of the format the author is using.

That's it for me today - fell asleep during hour 14 - so I'm going to call it a night.  I'm sure I can finish up this book in the morning. 

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the great reading! So glad that you're finally getting in to your book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're doing great! Hope you get to finish that book before the end of readathon!

    ReplyDelete