Saturday, April 21, 2012

Read-A-Thon April 2012

I'm excited to be able to participate in the Read-A-Thon today.  The last couple have been hard to participate too much.  I'm hoping to read/cheer/participate for 10-12 hours today.  My thoughts will be with those who are striving for as close to 24 hours as they can.

Here's my read-a-thon stack

First up, is Harry Lipkin,Private Eye by Barry Fantoni.



1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Washington DC metro - in Northern Virginia

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

I would say Rebecca, by Daphne DuMaurier and The Sherlockian by Graham Moore

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

Good question, probably the leftover raspberries I have in my refrigerator

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!


I'm a librarian for a large news organization and a recent newlywed. Thanks to my husband for allowing me to give up a Saturday to read!

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I'm going to try to split my time between reading, cheering and the mini-challenges.  I'm not 100% what my strategy is, but I'll figure it out as I go. 

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the starting line! Congrats on your marriage and what a great hubby!

    Enjoy!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great day whatever you decided to do! The mini-challenges are always so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca is an awesome read.

    Stopping by from the BBAW...have a fun week.

    Your blog is beautiful.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete