Friday, November 23, 2012

Thankfully Reading Weekend

I've been on a reading hiatus for the past month or so and I decided that I would use the Thankfully Reading Weekend as a way to jump start my reading again.

I'm not sure how much I'll be reading for the rest of the weekend, but before jumping into book #1 I thought I would write up a kick off post.

Kick Off


How did you celebrate Thanksgiving? Normally, we celebrate with either my family or my husband's family.  But this year with the birth of our twins, we stayed in town and had a celebration with some good friends.

What’s in your TBR pile for the weekend? 3 books I picked up from the library over a week ago, plus maybe a book or two from my bookshelves as well.

How much time do you think you’ll have for reading? Probably 2-4 hours each day over the weekend.

What book are you starting out with? The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry


Update - Thursday
We spent the day cooking, visiting our girls in the NICU and celebrating Thanksgiving with friends.  The only "reading" I did was recipes :)

Update - Friday
I had every intention of starting a book last night but I got distracted by watching My Fair Lady with my husband.

Update - Saturday
Started The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry during the afternoon and will continue tonight.

Wrap Up
Well, I didn't finish any books, but I made good progress on The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry and NutureShock.  I feel that this weekend helped me break out of my reading hiatus.




No comments:

Post a Comment