Saturday, March 3, 2012

CBR4 #11 - Murder of a Bookstore Babe - Denise Swanson

When school psychologist Skye Denison discovers a body crushed by a toppled bookcase in Scumble River's new bookstore, she has to read the clues before she becomes the killer's next work-in-progress.
I received this book as part of one of my Secret Santa packages this past year.

After the last couple of books, I was in the mood for a quick and light mystery book.  This book hit the spot right away.  While the bookstore was the location of the murder, it didn't play too much of a part within the plot.

While this book was part of a series, I did feel that it was readable as a stand alone book as well. It probably would help to understand the background of the characters more if I had read other books in the Scumble River series.

I would equate this author's style to Mary Higgins Clark or Janet Evanovich.  She is able to capture small town life well with a nice mystery to be solved.  

No comments:

Post a Comment