After reading Erin Blakemore's book The Heroine's Bookshelf I immediately wanted to read some of the books that inspired her collection of women characters (and real life). I thought that other readers might want to partake in the same challenge after reading the book as well.
1. Challenge will start Saturday, January 1, 2011 and will end Saturday, December 31, 2011.
2. You can read anywhere from 1 to 5 books for the challenge and of course, if you're like me, you are more than welcome to surpass that number.
3. You can choose books from the specific chapters of the book and/or the literary sisters mentioned in the book. Rereads don't count towards this challenge. As much as I love Pride and Prejudice and Anne of Green Gables. The point of this challenge is to explore new books and new heroines.
4. Create your own post to let all your readers know you’re taking part in the challenge. Make sure to link back to this page using the Mr. Linky below.
5. Have fun and share reviews of the books as you complete them!